
Mimi (Dee) passed an adorable little toddler bed on to us last week, and even though we weren't necessarily ready to move Parker out of his crib (he has always slept great in it, and has never seemed to want/need to move on to a regular bed), we thought it'd be fun to set the toddler bed up in his room to help him eventually transition to a "big boy bed." Well, Parker didn't pay much attention to the "red bed" for the first couple of days, but then after asking to take a nap in it one afternoon, he has been sleeping in it since--both for his naps and at night time! He somehow made the transition instantaneously--I think he has been sleeping in the red bed for about three full days now, and hasn't asked to go back in his crib yet. We still have the crib set up in his room, so it's a little crowded in there--at some point I think we'll just have to accept that he has moved on and take the crib apart! He sleeps great in the bed, too--actually, he has been napping for almost three hours now, and I can't get him to get up!! Honestly, I think that he hasn't realized that he can get out of the red bed anytime he wants to--he still calls for us to come get him up in the morning, and we have to call back that he can just get up!! So, we haven't had to deal with him getting up a hundred times at night when we're trying to get him to go to sleep--and hopefully it stays that way! Now I'm just a little nervous about the prospect of him getting up and wandering around at night while we're asleep...!!
No comments:
Post a Comment